What is Active Travel Employer Engagement?
It is often reported how having a health and wellbeing strategy as a business can have numerous positive benefits in terms of productivity and in reducing absenteeism and stress for staff. However, difficulties in engaging staff in an effective and meaningful way can sometimes mean such benefits are not realised.
Offering an easy, practical and innovative solution is Sefton Council’s Active Travel programme. With a raft of resources and equipment available including smoothie bike, portable cycle skills track and virtual cycle race computrainer, bespoke programmes can be delivered.
- Contribute to your companies Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Benefit from a fitter, healthier and more productive workforce.
- Reduce pressure on car parking constraints.
- Reduction in your Carbon footprint.
- Contribute to Sefton’s National Air Quality commitment.
Our Offer to You
- On Road Cycle Training for staff – improve confidence and gain knowledge about riding on the road and extensive cycle path network.
- Dr Bike sessions – Basic on site servicing for staff bikes.
- Cycle maintenance courses – Delivery of in house courses for employees.
- Personal journey plans – Individually tailored step by step information to help staff plan their journey between home and work using sustainable travel.
- How to get to guides – Advice on favorable and efficient routes and modes of transport to work.
- Workplace travel plans – Advice on how to make your business more travel smart.
- Staff travel surveys – Provides an indication of current staff journey choices and a idea of future requirements.
- Health and wellbeing and sustainable travel roadshows – Variety of interactive displays and activities to promote Active Travel options; Including virtual computrainer racing simulator, mobile cycle skills track and static smoothie bike.
- Bike loans scheme – Short term loan, try before you buy scheme. Click here to download the flyer on the right
A Guide for Business Toolkit – Supporting Sustainable & Active Travel in Sefton
Additionally, we have now also produced a toolkit which contains a range of guides designed to help you choose which initiatives and ideas are appropriate for the needs and requirements of your business. Download the individual guides here or contact us for a full pack.