What is Active Travel Business Engagement?
It is often reported how having a health and wellbeing strategy as a business can have numerous positive benefits in terms of productivity and in reducing absenteeism and stress for staff. However, difficulties in engaging staff in an effective and meaningful way can sometimes mean such benefits are not realised.
Sefton Active Travels Business Engagement can achieve these goals by tailoring and delivering a bespoke, interactive sustainable travel and health and well being message to both employers and employees. So if you’ve had enough of those rush hour jams, looking to save money on travelling expenses or want to get a little bit healthier, then travelling by sustainable transport could be the ideal solution you’ve never thought of; you’d also be doing your bit to help save the planet too
- Contribute to your companies Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Benefit from a fitter, healthier and more productive workforce.
- Reduce pressure on car parking constraints.
- Reduction in your Carbon footprint.
- Contribute to Sefton’s National Air Quality commitment.
- Cash in your pocket – By foot, by bike, bus or train, either way it can work out much cheaper than running a car.
- Save time on every journey – With the help of the Sefton Travel App you can considerably cut down your journey time.
- New you – Travelling by bike or foot, you’ll be fitter and healthier.
- Save the planet – reduce your carbon footprint with a pollution-free commute.
Our Offer to You
- On Road Cycle Training – improve confidence and gain knowledge about riding on the road and the extensive cycle path network covering both the North and South of the borough.
- Dr Bike sessions – Basic on site servicing for staff bikes.
- Cycle maintenance courses – Delivery of in house courses for employees.
- Personal journey plans – Individually tailored step by step information to help staff plan their journey between home and work using sustainable travel.
- How to get to guides – Advice on favorable and efficient routes and modes of transport to work.
- Workplace travel plans – Advice on how to make your business more travel smart.
- Staff travel surveys – Provides an indication of current staff journey choices and a idea of future requirements.
- Health and wellbeing and sustainable travel roadshows – Variety of interactive displays and activities, such as portable wooden cycle skills track, smoothie bike and virtual computrainer static cycle racing, are available to promote Active Travel options.
- Bike loans scheme – Short term loan, try before you buy scheme.